Mission statement & objectives
Open to all health professionals with an interest in Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck patient care
OHNNG is a national organisation that provides educational opportunities for all nurses & allied health professionals working in the specialty of Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Nec
It is the mission of OHNNG to promote excellence in Otorhinolaryngology Head & Neck Nursing (ORL H&N) & Patient care. It strives to achieve this by acting as a resource and link to all ORL H&N nurses irrespective of their geographical location or area of practice.
OHNNG facilitates the development and dissemination of research and resources in collaboration with all medical and allied health staff, which contributes to the advances in Otorhinolaryngology Head & Neck Nursing.
Objectives of OHNNG
- To increase understanding, knowledge and skill in Otolaryngology, head & neck patient care
- To provide members with educational opportunities & financial assistance to enhance their professional practice
- To establish & promote Otolaryngology, head & neck nursing as a specialised field
- To keep members of the group informed of the latest developments in Otorhinolaryngology, head & neck surgery, nursing & equipment
- To act as a resource group for peers, within the group & to outside bodies
- To bring members of the group into closer contact with each other & to promote interaction for their mutual benefit
- To develop links with organisations with similar objectives, nationally & internationally
- To promote the highest standards of care for Otorhinolaryngology, head & neck patients
Click here to download the OHNNG constitution